Player Code of Conduct
Our Code of Conduct isn’t just something a lawyer told us to do, it’s the core of our club.
As part of our mission to make soccer accessible to the entire community by fostering a shared passion for the sport, SCCRKC seeks to promote competition and athleticism through sportsmanship, inclusiveness, and fair play. All of our activities offered should be played with good sportsmanship at all times.
While competition can be intense, we expect our participants to be competitive while demonstrating good sportsmanship. Sports involve competition, interpretations, and judgment calls, which may lead to occasional disputes among players and officials. However, it is crucial that all participants handle these disputes respectfully.
“As a participant in any SCCRKC league, pickup game, tournament, or event, I pledge to take responsibility for my words and actions and adhere to the following Code of Conduct:
- Respect the game, playing fairly and following all rules and guidelines.
- Accept the decisions of SCCRKC staff and officials gracefully.
- Display good sportsmanship towards opponents, SCCRKC staff, and officials before, during, and after games, regardless of the outcome.
- Ensure my teammates uphold sportsmanship and contribute to a respectful environment for all participants.
- Show courtesy and respect towards opposing teams, officials, staff, and coordinators.
- Help maintain the condition of equipment and game locations, as we are guests at school fields and must obey their rules and respect the surroundings.
- Refrain from using abusive language or profanity.
- Avoid any behavior that endangers the health, safety, or well-being of any player, official, or staff member.
- Not engage in verbal, written, or physical threats or abuse towards any player, official, or staff member.
- Not initiate physical altercations with participants, officials, or staff members, including actions such as pushing, shoving, or punching.
- Refrain from the use or possession of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs at any location.
- Wear and utilize all required equipment and uniforms.
I understand that SCCRKC reserves the right to eject or suspend any individual displaying unacceptable behavior according to the Code of Conduct. This may result in removal from a game, league, the club, or any club platform for an indefinite period. I will respect and abide by any decisions made by SCCRKC officials present at the venue.”